Here's an Earth Day project that I started around Earth Day and just now finished! I hate it when I do that, but... with four kiddos and a job it seems to happen lots.
The recipe... scraps, scraps, and more scarps!
I cut the top off of an empty Morton's Salt container with an x-acto knife, used some scrap yarn I had laying around and Elmers spray glue to cover it, stitched up a cute "little" polka dot pocket to pretty up the inside and finished it off with some fabric roses.
This was my first attempt at making fabric roses and I'll have to admit that I loved it! They were so... easy and fun to make. I couldn't stop thinking of all the fun ways I could use these little roses while making them and now I can't wait to try my ideas out! I tell ya, they're too cute.
My overhauled Morton's Salt container was quickly claimed by my hannah banana. Who knows what she'll use it for, but my guess is lots and lots of whatnots!