Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sicky Icky...

Dear Peek-a-Boo
Oh sweet girl, I'm so... sorry you're sicky and feeling icky.  I wish those nasty germs didn't love you so.  The runny nose, cough, fever and aches they give you are no fun.  You've cried and moaned for two days straight and recently decided that fever reducing medicine can {wait}.  My heart breaks when I look into those sad droopy little sleep deprived eyes.  I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day...
xoxo, 
Mama
SickBaby
So.. we've had such a hard time getting Peek-a-Boo to take any medicine since she's been sick.  She's never not wanted to take Tylenol or Motrin until now? We've tried everything in the book to get her to take it.  After about 30 minutes with her fever hovering around 103.8 she usually gives in.  Whew... so stressful.  What baby doesn't love Tylenol and Motrin?  Crazy I say, crazy...

So after being up all night last night, daddy got up at 5, drove to the grocery store and picked up a bottle of Ibuprofen and Tylenol Meltaways.  First off, let me say the Ibuprofen has always seemed to help my kiddos faster and longer than Tylenol but with the Motrin "recall" still going on I didn't have any in the house.  So I was so excited to see Brent come home with a Motrin knock off!  Ella slept for over five hours after I finally got a teaspoon in her.  Wow...
TylenolMeltaways
But... my hat's off to Tylenol for their Meltaway tablets!!!  I always rotate Motrin and Tylenol per the docs orders so when the Ibuprofen wore off around 1 I gave Ella one of the Tylenol Meltaway tablets.  Guess what?  She loved them!!!  Yipee...  I'm hooked for sure.  

Here's what Ella had to say about the Tylenol Meltaways....

"Mama, they're great!"  You like them Ella?  "Yes, thanksss... mom!"  You're welcome baby.  

Awww... she melts my .

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor thing! I hope she feels better quickly!

KM said...

So sorry! Everyone has been sick in our town too...

Bunch of Barrons said...

So sorry! Hope every feels better asap. We were sick recently...it's so hard when the little ones are sick!

Ashley said...

We are dealing with that here too. I hope your little girl feels better soon! We love the meltaways. They make motrin ones too but my son says they burn his throat. :(

Anonymous said...

Hope she's feeling better! My whole little town is sick! Sending a pick me up your way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails