Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My "Little" Shabby Chic Magnetic Frame...

One Sunday afternoon, I found myself with nothing to do... so I decided to turn something old in to something new!  I’d been wanting to figure out a way to add a few more snapshots of the kiddos to my kitchen since my stainless steal appliances and magnets don’t get along.  So a creative search and build project began... 
Frame Diag

It all started with a vintage wooden frame leaning on a shelf in my craft room and a vintage  iron plate sitting in the bottom of a box labeled “attic”Then a little garage rummaging turned up an old piece of chipped up tung n' groove!  With a few cuts here, and nails there, it was time to bring out the spray...


Spool

I had everything measured, cut, sanded and sprayed.  All I needed now was a few magnets to hold my pictures!  I found a refrigerator magnet that has been sitting in our junk drawer for years and I cut 3 tiny squares out of it.  I hot glued the magnet squares to tiny vintage spools, wired the iron plate to the tung n' groove, nailed a hanger on the back of the frame and wah-lah, my shabby chic magnetic picture frame was born!

Frame Verticle

It’s SO much fun to recycle, reuse and renew the old and call it your own!  
I’m linking up with Trendy Treehouse’s Creative Share and Brambleberry Cottage's Time Travel Thursday.  Be sure to stop by and check out all the wonderfully creative entries! 
Happy Wednesday!






CreativeShareWednesdays







4 comments:

Julie said...

So cute!! I love the shabby chic look. I think it's so cool how you can layer together anything and pull it off. I hope that style lasts forever!!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Hey! I love it!

Erin Lenore said...

This is so cool! I wish I was this crafty!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I love it, Jenn! The iron plate and the vintage spools are unique touches.

Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to having you link up each week.

Come on by and enter my fantastic year-end giveaway. Click the picture at the top of my sidebar for details.

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://www.thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails